2012年10月22日 星期一

Chow Yun Fat’s Fitting Room

I like those 'paper cutting dolls' (剪紙公仔) of Chow Yun Fat because it recall my childhood memory as I played with those 'paper cutting dolls' when I was little. Also, I never think that paper cutting doll can become an artwork which impressed me as well.


I am curious about
1. why did the artist use the form of 'paper cutting doll' to present his idea (identity)? Ans. the process of changing costumes like the change of identity
2. why did he depict Chow Yun Fat but not others? Ans. a resounding movie star:  good for oversea exhibitions as foreigners know Chow Yun Fat
3. why did he alter his depicting style from gongbi which he practices for more than a decade? Ans. he still uses googbi to draw the figures, just tries something new and put them together to form new artwork 





Related link:
http://www.hkheadline.com/arts/arts_content.asp?contid=51311&srctype=g
http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/201010/14/P201010140267_photo_1021239.htm
http://www.aaa.org.hk/WorldEvents/Details/12511
http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/Museum/Arts/en/collections/collectionoftheweek_2012_23.html
   

2 則留言:

  1. Emily, finally someone chose a non-photograph work!! This is a very interesting artwork, that reminds me of these paper models in childhood. Those we can change their clothes and accessories. The blog is also very clear with a lot of details, very clear for the interview part. However, I have some comments for the visual representation, I think you can attach the photo directly to the blog entries, so it is easier and more interesting to look at.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Emily, I can finally find someone that chooses an artwork that is not photograph related!! This is a very interesting work that reminds me of these paper models in childhood. Those we can change their clothes and accessories. Do you know why the artist wants to create such artwork? Is that based on something the artist play when young or something else inspire her? I am looking forward to know more from you. The blog is also very clear with a lot of details, especially clear for the interview part. However, I have some comments for the visual representation; I think you can attach the photo directly to the blog entries, so it is easier and more interesting to look at. Since I cannot find any link to see the photos right now and I have to google it myself.

      刪除